Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sinners In the Hands of An Angry God

The "God" described in this story is nothing like the figure is when I think of God. In "Sinners In the Hands of An Angry God" the God is not a saint at all, in my opinion. Since I am a Catholic myself, I learn that God is supposed to be forgiving and helping a person out during difficult times. In this story? No way is this "God" doing anything good for anyone. It seems as if this "God" really wants people to create sins because he wants them one step closer to his evil wrath. Doing this makes no sense to anyone but the "God" himself. The people basically waste their lives because they are constantly in fear and paranoid so they don't make a wrong move and get one step closer to that bottomless pit that "God" has made. I think living in such a manner is completely pointless. The worst part for the people back then was that they couldn't really voice their opinions. If they said one thing against their strict religion, off to hell the person goes. This is was makes me wonder most-how could the people survive so long while living under such pressure? "I have to be perfect." "One wrong move and it's over for me." "The wrath is for sinners, unlike myself." That is what I think went on in most peoples' minds, considering the fact that they had to lead their lifestyle like this. In my opinion, I believe the people should have gotten the choice of believing or not believing in this religion. This "God's" wrath was really uncalled for and unnecessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment